Submitted by admin on
(Makes 4 to 6 servings.)
1 cup flour
¼ lb butter
½ cup sour cream
3 tbs heavy cream
salt and pepper
nutmeg to taste
¼ lb cubed ham
¼ lb shredded or thinly sliced Swiss cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix flour and butter (at room temperature) together at low speed in a mixer.
3. Add a little bit of water until you get a ball of dough. (If mix gets too watery, add flour.)
4. Wrap ball in film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, incorporate the sour cream, add the heavy cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
6. Butter the bottom of a pie pan
7. Spread the dough in the pan, add the ham and the cheese and top with the egg custard.
8. Bake in oven until brown on top (30-45 minutes depending on your oven).
Let quiche cool and serve with side salad.