2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
5 medium button mushrooms, sliced
2 cups packed fresh spinach leaves
1 tablespoon chopped onion
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
½ ounce Pernod or Anisette
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Hollandaise sauce (see recipe)
These quantities make 2 servings.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, melt together butter and olive oil until shimmering in pan.
3. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown.
4. Transfer chicken to an oven safe pan and bake until cooked through (about 20 minutes)
5. Using the same skillet, sauté the mushrooms, onions, and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
6. When the vegetables are softened, add the spinach, liqueur and wine to the pan.
7. Allow the liquid to steam the spinach.
8. Once the liquid has almost completely evaporated, add heavy cream and Parmesan.
9. Bring mixture to a low boil and simmer briefly.
Place each chicken breast on a serving plate. Divide spinach/ mushroom mixture evenly between the plates. Serve with Hollandaise sauce.